A board that can't be contained by terrain or conditions, the Barracuda harnesses freeride-focused S-Rocker™ and a slight taper to bring Fish-like float to the entire mountain. Not as pow-specific as the Fish or as freestyle-focused as the Sherlock, this ATV pushes the boundaries of freeride into an entirely different realm of straight shots and pillow lines. With all-wheel drive edge tech and fully directional crud-busting power, this top predator is the one to reach for in variable or unknown terrain.
- The Channel - is snowboarding’s ultimate connection, offering the fasted, easiest way to mount your bindings with the most stance options possible. It’s also compatible with all major binding companies, so why settle for anything less? NEW for 2014, all boards featuring The Channel are backed by a three-year warranty.
- BEND: S-Rocker™ - While the specifics of S-Rocker vary between boards, the basics are an entry rocker that extends from the nose to under your front foot, then transitions to either camber or flat between your feet. This design causes the entry rocker to lift the nose, thus improving float while maintaining momentum and stability through deep-driving pow turns and variable conditions.
- SHAPE: Directional [15MM Taper] - The classic, most versatile snowboard shape, designed to be ridden with a slightly longer nose than tail to concentrate pop in the tail while still giving you plenty of float, flow, and control to rip any terrain or condition.
- FLEX: Directional - This versatile flex features increased pop in the tail and a more resilient nose that allows riders to easily maintain control through all terrain and conditions.
- CORE: Super Fly II™ - Stronger and lighter woods target specific areas of the core to provide pop, strength, and reduce weight. Further optimized for float in our freeride focused boards, and strength in our park-focused boards with Dualzone™ EGD™ - The wood grain is positioned along the toe and heel edges on two continuous zones, perpendicular to the rest of the wood core, for consistent edge –hold and added strength.
- FIBERGLASS: Triax™ Fiberglass with Carbon I-Beam™
- BASE: Sintered WFO - Infusing a specially formulated wax deep into the pores of this extra-absorbent, high-density sintered material results in an ultra-durable base that stays Wide F!#@ing Open all season in any condition.
- EXTRAS: Frostbite Edges, Pro-Tip™, and Infinite Ride™
- RADUCTION LEVEL: 3 [Downsize 2 to 3cm From Normal Board Length] - Burton’s patented Raduction design optimizes every element – from wait width and flex profile to side cut and running length – letting you downsize up to 10cms from your normal board length. Light and lively, easy to throw around, surprisingly floaty and poppy and stable at speed – Raduction will change the way we look at board length for good.
Diecut Base Color Combinations May