Japan’s deep conditions and technical terrain sum up the NEW Cloudsplitter in a nutshell. Masa and JG’s detailed shaping are felt in a ride that accelerates past the ordinary into an entirely new realm of pow performance. Camber and an early rise nose combined with minimal taper create a shape that thrives on speed while a deep swallowtail adds critical float for overhead days. Our WFO base and ultra-light design secure its title as the fastest gun in freeride.
- The Channel - is snowboarding’s ultimate connection, offering the fasted, easiest way to mount your bindings with the most stance options possible. It’s also compatible with all major binding companies, so why settle for anything less? NEW for 2014, all boards featuring The Channel are backed by a three-year warranty.
- BEND: Camber - An advocate of powerful turns and poppy precision, camber speaks to the core values of board design. Offering a snappy suspension, camber distributes weight evenly over the entire length of the board for smooth, continuous edge control from tip to tail.
- SHAPE: Directional [10MM Taper] - The classic, most versatile snowboard shape, designed to be ridden with a slightly longer nose than tail to concentrate pop in the tail while still giving you plenty of float, flow, and control to rip any terrain or condition.
- FLEX: Directional - This versatile flex features increased pop in the tail and a more resilient nose that allows riders to easily maintain control through all terrain and conditions.
- CORE: Dragonfly™ - Over 500 independent lamination, each individually oriented within the core, result in superior weight-savings strength, and energized response. Featured on the Custom X, Antler, and Cloudsplitter. with Multizone™ EGD™ - In four separate zones, the wood grain is perpendicular to the core adjacent to The Channel – the area from which a rider’s power emanates – for ultimate strength and edge control.
- FIBERGLASS: 60° Carbon Highlights Hi-Voltage
- BASE: Sintered WFO - Infusing a specially formulated wax deep into the pores of this extra-absorbent, high-density sintered material results in an ultra-durable base that stays Wide F!#@ing Open all season in any condition.
- SIDEWALLS: Slimrail - This streamlined, ultra-minimized sidewall design, found on the Cloudsplitter, shaves weight without sacrificing edge-hold, strength, or ride ability.
- EXTRAS: Swallow Tail, Stainless Edges, Pro-Tip™, and Infinite Ride™