BURTON 2015 CUSTOM LTD MARILYN PURE POP - PAST SEASON
A limited-edition tease of next year’s line, the NEW Custom Marilyn tempts you with the playful snap of PurePop Camber and the sultry stylings of one of the most glamorous women of all time. Poppy, smooth, and nimble, this iconic adaptation of the do-it-all Custom lets you get after it on everything from dreamy powder fields to chiseled park booters. It’s the kind of incendiary freestyle experience that only Marilyn could inspire.
• BEND: PurePop Camber
Traditional camber’s poppy and more catch-free cousin, featuring flat zones and early rise just outside the bindings for responsive versatility and a more laid-back feel.
• SHAPE: Directional The classic snowboard shape, designed to be ridden with a slightly longer nose than tail to concentrate pop in the tail while still giving you plenty of float, flow, and control to rip any terrain or condition.
• FLEX: Twin The flex is perfectly symmetrical from tip to tail for a balanced ride that’s equally versatile regular or switch.
• CORE: Super Fly II™ Stronger and lighter woods target specific areas of the core to provide pop, strength, and reduced weight. Further optimized for float in our freeride focused boards, and strength in our park-focused boards.
Dualzone™ EGD™ The wood grain is positioned along the toe and heel edges on two continuous zones, perpendicular to the rest of the wood core, for consistent edge-hold and added strength.
This patent-pending technology improves pop and performance through the balance of thicker, more powerful core sections with thinner, more flexible sections. Rider energy is transferred outward from beneath the feet, energizing the tip and tail while making the board snappier, more stable, and easier to manipulate.
• FIBERGLASS: 45° Carbon Highlights Carbon Highlights optimizes each layer of the fiberglass matrix and adds a full tip-to-tail carbon layer to reduce weight and fine tune torsional feel to achieve different ride characteristics. A 60° fiber angle creates a highly maneuverable and playful feel, while a 45° fiber angle provides a more aggressive ride. Hi-Voltage models like the Cloudsplitter, Antler, Custom X, and X9FV include the addition of carbon strands to the angled fiber layers to add life and further reduce weight.
• BASE: Sintered WFO Infusing a specially formulated wax deep into the pores of this extra-absorbent, high-density sintered material results in an ultra-durable base that stays Wide F!#@ing Open all season in any condition.
• FEATURES: The Channel™
The Channel is snowboarding’s ultimate connection, offering the fastest, easiest way to mount your bindings with the most stance options possible. It’s also compatible with all major binding companies, so why settle for anything less? NEW for 2014, all boards featuring The Channel are backed by a three-year warranty.
Introduced by Burton long before all the hype about wavy “serrated knife" edges, Frostbite extends out slightly beneath your bindings for tremendous edge-hold on hard, icy conditions. Powerful when you need them, playful when you don’t, Frostbite Edges are hungry for hard-pack while remaining smooth, flowing, and forgiving.
A tapered tip and tail thickness reduces swing weight for easier mobility.
This Burton-exclusive technology allows us to maximize pop and strength by overbuilding the board, then putting it in a machine that breaks in the board for you. Whether you choose to ride Springloaded, Rocker, or Camber, rest assured that with Infinite Ride™ your board will maintain its flex, pop, and feel from the first day forward, season after season.
The classic. Nothing is quite like the crispness, power and precision of camber at higher speeds. Ideal for aggressive riders and traditionalists.
The all-round performer. Far and away, this is our best-selling platform. Ultimate versatility comes from blending both rocker and camber traits to get a balance that offers both the stability of camber and the easy ride of rocker. Some boards in this category fall closer to a camber feel, while others ride a little looser like a rocker board. Find your balance and get a board here that does it all.
Flat from contact point to contact point for control and stability with a catch-free feel
Like waking up at noon on summer holiday. Rocker boards feature a reverse camber lay-up that is less-catchy, turns easier and sends the fun factor/high-five frequency into the stratosphere. These boards generally offer a more forgiving ride which is ideal for newer/casual riders, jibbing and easy style pow hounds alike.
ALL MOUNTAIN FREESTYLE
Do it ALL. Wanna grab some pow turns up top, scream down a mid-mountain groomer and then hit the park at the bottom? THESE are your boards. Our best-selling configuration. Generally an all-mountain twin-tip, directional twin or minimal directional shape that’s poised to do it all.
Tech freestyle supremacy. These twin tip boards generally feature a slightly softer flex and shorter contact points which make for boards that are slightly more maneuverable but still have the landing gear you need to grease park laps day-in and day-out. If park laps and hit runs are your jam, then this is where you live. If that last sentence didn’t make sense, it’s best not to look here.
Parks are where I walk my dog, the mountain is where I snowboard. Pow/Freeride boards quite often offer a distinct directional shape, featuring a tapering shape designed to provide the smoothest ride out on the mountain—whether it’s first chair on a pow day or late afternoon when it’s all bombed out. With options that range from resort freeride, slackcountry through to backcountry, the pow/freeride category is your go-to for riders not looking to ride the park and capitalize on the rest of the mountain.
Narrower widths mean lightning fast edge transfers and less fatigue for riders that have smaller feet. Suggested for all women’s sizes and Men’s 8.5 and below. Look for waist widths that are below 25cms.
Regular widths offer only critical measurements that will kill toe-heel drag, but also maintain proper response to keep turns quick and agile while not tiring you out. Ideal for rider with US Men’s 9-11.5 feet. Look for board widths that are 25-25.5 cm wide, going wider as foot sizes get bigger.
Anyone with a size 12+ boot can tell you—toe/heel drag sucks. Kill the culprit with a wider waist board and get the freedom to turn as hard as you want. Riders with 12+ boot sizes will want to look at boards with waist width of an absolute minimum of 25.6cm and go up from there—going wider as foot sizes get bigger.