As the longest running series in the CAPiTA line, the 2014/2015 CAPiTA Black Snowboard Of Death is back for another legend making year. Coming off an award-winning redesign, this all-terrain board is what you need to take complete control.
The BSOD’s next-generation Mountain FK profile features camber through the mid section, a zero-hybrid tail and a custom-designed rocker nose. This allows for tons of pop, insane control, and flotation in powder — making you a better snowboarder in variable terrain and changing conditions.Add the Hover Core™, pre-cured carbon fiber boosters, and a beautifully crafted shape, and you get one of the most-advanced snowboards available.
CAMBER TYPE: MOUNTAIN FK
The Mountain FK design features the same mid body camber and flat tail used on the Hybrid FK boards and adds in the reverse cambered nose of the Freeride FK. This allows for tons of pop and stability on the hard pack while increasing float and landing power, improving the rider’s performance in deep snow.TECH
- Hover Core™ - Engineered specifically for our flagship model, this new core is a shining example of our Space Age technical supremacy. Designed using some of the strongest materials available, the HOVER CORE™ is so light it essentially floats across the snow. Thin cut low density Paulownia strips are combined with Poplar beams to create a unique ply configuration. The result is an energetic core that is extremely light and strong with excellent dampening properties.
- Custom Weave Fiberglass Configuration - The CUSTOM WEAVE configuration features a resin/glass application borrowed from the marine industry, which yields much stronger and more rigid qualities allowing us to decrease the wood core thickness. The main focus is to save wood core weight by increasing resin performance. This means you get a lighter board while achieving higher energy return. The biaxial/triaxial fiberglass combination creates more response while increasing strength and durability. Combine this layup with one of the many additives we have available and you get a high performing board tailored to meet your style of riding.
- 4 x 30mm Pre-Cured Carbon Fiber Boosters
- Urethane Topsheet Anchor
- Wax Infused Rotation Sintered Speed Base - These bases are created by taking pellets of ultra-high-molecular-weight Polyethylene and compressing them through heat and pressure. The minuscule spaces left behind absorb wax and allow for extended periods of high speed shredding as the wax wicks to the surface while you ride. This prevents your base from drying out and keeps the surface feeling freshly waxed throughout the day. Properly maintained sintered bases are fast, durable, and are consistently the predominant first choice of pro snowboarders worldwide.
- Level 7 DeepSpace™ Silkscreen Topsheet
- Multitech™ Silkscreen + Die-cut Base
- PLT Topsheet Technology
- 360 Degree Steel Edges
- Full ABS Sidewalls With Silkscreened Graphics
- 4 x 2 Inserts
- Titanal Base Inlay