With a soulful trip to the early days of snowboarding, CAPiTA and Spring Break present a line of hand-crafted surfboards for the snow. Conceptualized by Corey Smith and designed by CAPiTA, these beauties embody the heart of Corey’s garage built, oversized, plywood decks — but have been executed using the technology available in one of the best factories in the world. In fact, a lot of mad scientist R&D went into these bad boys at CAPiTA MFG to create an experience like no other. The thicker, more buoyant, ultra lightweight Surflite™ core combined with the new Surf Rocker profile and wide shouldered shapes, all work together to create zero-gravity float on top of the deepest pow. We cooked up a uniquely blended sidecut specifically designed for buttery smooth, soulful pow rips. This shape features a surf-inspired arch just past the inserts followed by a huge reverse blend zone and topped off with a ton of taper for ultimate floatation. Available in three unique shapes, the Spring Break will take you one step closer in the search for the perfect wave. CAMBER TYPE: SURF ROCKER
The all new Surf Rocker features a continuous arching tip and tail inspired by the modern design of many of todays best surfboards. Flat thought the inserts with smooth arching tip and tails. The gentle low angle allows for maximum float and control.TECH
- Surflite Core™ - The SURFLITE CORE™ was designed exclusively for our new Spring Break boards to create a strong, light, and buoyant core that allows you to float to the top of any amount of powder. In surfboard design, a thicker more buoyant board will help the board float much easier than a thin dense one. With this thought in mind we developed a thicker core featuring blocked Balsa throughout the board combined with strength enhancing Beech on the edges and through the inserts creating a strong, super floaty core.
- Custom Weave Fiberglass Configuration - The CUSTOM WEAVE configuration features a resin/glass application borrowed from the marine industry, which yields much stronger and more rigid qualities allowing us to decrease the wood core thickness. The main focus is to save wood core weight by increasing resin performance. This means you get a lighter board while achieving higher energy return. The biaxial/triaxial fiberglass combination creates more response while increasing strength and durability. Combine this layup with one of the many additives we have available and you get a high performing board tailored to meet your style of riding.
- Wax Infused Rotation Sintered Speed Base - These bases are created by taking pellets of ultra-high-molecular-weight Polyethylene and compressing them through heat and pressure. The minuscule spaces left behind absorb wax and allow for extended periods of high speed shredding as the wax wicks to the surface while you ride. This prevents your base from drying out and keeps the surface feeling freshly waxed throughout the day. Properly maintained sintered bases are fast, durable, and are consistently the predominant first choice of pro snowboarders worldwide.
- Multitech Level 6 DeepSpace™ Silkscreen + Hand-marbled Topsheet – Each Board Unique
- Multitech™ Silkscreen + Die-cut Base
- PLT Topsheet Technology
- 360 Degree Steel Edges
- Full ABS Sidewalls with Roll-Over Topsheet Bevel
- 4 x 2 Inserts
- Titanal Base Inlay