When it comes to “stayin’ bad ass,” no board is more dependable than the CAPiTA’s team favorite, the ULTRAFEAR. A back-to-back winner of the Transworld Good Wood Award for the past two years and star of endless video segments, this board is a living legend. New for 2014, we’ve added a Titanal spine through the centerline to increase strength and durability — allowing your ULTRAFEAR to handle all the abuse you can throw at it. Also featuring a DS Select RFC Sustainable Dual Core and a 1.5mm rubber edge dampening system, this is one of the best jib and park boards in the world. STAY BAD ASS!!
Winner of The 2015 Snowboard Magazine Platinum Pick Award
CAMBER TYPE: FREESTYLE FK
This revolutionary all-mountain shape provides the best of both worlds. It has a raised camber platform through the inserts to retain high-speed edge hold through variable terrain, and elevated contact points to land and float in powder.
- DS Select RFC Sustainable Dual Core - Beech Inserts - The DS SELECT RFC SUSTAINABLE DUAL Core was built for next level performance. It’s lightweight, with no irregularities or finger joints, which provides the most uniformly flexing core available. The DS core is constructed with the highest quality poplar and beech woods. Beech is placed through the inserts on the Scott Stevens Pro and Ultrafear helping to provide unmatched durability and pop, and along the rails on the Jess Kimura Pro and the Outsiders, enabling the rider to hold a solid edge while carving, eliminating chatter at high speeds and contributing more power to ollies and landings. Poplar strips are fused with the beech sections for increased strength and vibration absorption. The DS SELECT offers a consistent, comfortable, and powerful ride in a certified sustainable full wood core.
- Die Cut Sidewalls with 1.5mm Dampening System
- Custom Weave Fiberglass Configuration - The CUSTOM WEAVE configuration features a resin/glass application borrowed from the marine industry, which yields much stronger and more rigid qualities allowing us to decrease the wood core thickness. The main focus is to save wood core weight by increasing resin performance. This means you get a lighter board while achieving higher energy return. The biaxial/triaxial fiberglass combination creates more response while increasing strength and durability. Combine this layup with one of the many additives we have available and you get a high performing board tailored to meet your style of riding.
- Titanal Spine Reinforcement
- Wax Infused Rotation Sintered Speed Base - These bases are created by taking pellets of ultra-high-molecular-weight Polyethylene and compressing them through heat and pressure. The minuscule spaces left behind absorb wax and allow for extended periods of high speed shredding as the wax wicks to the surface while you ride. This prevents your base from drying out and keeps the surface feeling freshly waxed throughout the day. Properly maintained sintered bases are fast, durable, and are consistently the predominant first choice of pro snowboarders worldwide.
- Level 5 DeepSpace™ Silkscreen Topsheet
- Multitech™ Silkscreen + Die-cut Base
- PLT Topsheet Technology
- 360 Degree Steel Edges
- Full ABS Sidewalls With Silkscreened Graphics
- 4 x 2 Inserts
- Titanal Base Inlay