Quickly becoming the go-to board for women across the globe, the do-anything, go-anywhere BirdsOf A Feather is here to change your riding forever. This hybrid-camber, all-terrain destroyer has become the weapon of choice for Women’s Rider of the Year Jess Kimura, as well as winning Transworld’s Good Wood and Snowboarder Mag’s Platinum Pick awards. Completely upgraded for 2014, the Birds Of A Feather now features a reforestation-certified sustainable wood core, a fast and durable sintered base, and carbon fiber beams for increased responsiveness. With the addition of the140 and 154cm models, the BOAF is now available to riders of all ages, sizes, and abilities.
CAMBER TYPE: HYBRID FK
Our Hybrid Camber boards take full advantage of the benefits of traditional camber, zero camber, and reverse camber. This next generation design allows you to get the pop and response of a cambered board with all the predictability and easy turn initiation of zero camber or reverse camber shapes.TECH
- RFC Sustainable Select Core - The RFC SUSTAINABLE SELECT Core is the original eco-friendly core. It’s proven track record offers an environmentally conscious consumer a sustainable alternative without sacrificing any of the energy or stability expected from a CAPiTA. These cores have been re-forestation certified by a leading environmental agency for nature and habitat sustainability, and made with a single species poplar grain for a smooth, consistent ride. Extending from edge to edge and tip to tail the wood grain has no knots or finger joints enhancing response and providing a completely uniform flex pattern.
- Special Blend EVO Tech Fiberglass Configuration Configuration - SPECIAL BLEND EVO TECH is an Eco Friendly wet lay-up process that uses a polyurethane based resin component requiring lower consumption of energy and yielding higher technical properties. This adhesion process improves the factory’s working environment, as it does not contain some of the same harsh chemical characteristics used in resins at other factories around the world. This configuration uses an optimum blend of biaxial glass laminated in conjunction with structural additives to customize performance objectives.
- 2 x 30mm Carbon Fiber Beams
- Wax Infused Rotation Sintered Speed Base - These bases are created by taking pellets of ultra-high-molecular-weight Polyethylene and compressing them through heat and pressure. The minuscule spaces left behind absorb wax and allow for extended periods of high speed shredding as the wax wicks to the surface while you ride. This prevents your base from drying out and keeps the surface feeling freshly waxed throughout the day. Properly maintained sintered bases are fast, durable, and are consistently the predominant first choice of pro snowboarders worldwide.
- Multitech™ Metallic Silkscreen + DDT Topsheet
- Multitech™ Sublimation + Die-cut Base
- PLT Topsheet Technology
- 360 Degree Steel Edges
- Full ABS Sidewalls With Silkscreened Graphics
- 4 x 2 Inserts
- Titanal Base Inlay