Warranty Policies & Procedures.
The Source Snowboards stands behind every item we sell, and we work diligently with our brands to ensure customer service is the number one goal. Standard warranty is against manufacturer defects from the date of purchase from The Source Snowboards. The warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, impact, excessive misuse or any modifications that have been made to the product.
Generally warranty timelines are within 1 year from the date of purchase. Please refer to the specific brands website for any exceptions to the rule for these warranty timelines.
For instance, shoes are 30 days and some items are lifetime warranty.
For approved warranties the company will repair or replace the product with an existing comparable model at the company’s discretion. If there is no stock available it may not be replaced until the following season. Any Source Authentic Goods purchases will be replaced immediately – no questions asked! If an item was purchased on sale and cannot be replaced by the supplier, a credit will be issued for the total amount paid for the product.
The Source Snowboards fully understands that snowboards are meant to be ridden and unforeseeable damage happens! We get it. And for that reason we have a fully equipped snowboard tech department and we are happy to offer repairs on damaged equipment that is not covered under warranty. Please contact us to find out pricing and details on damaged goods. We want to get you back out shredding as soon as possible!
Customers are responsible for shipping charges back to the supplier. All the companies we represent require the customer to cover the costs one way and they will return it in the same fashion.
The Source believes in supporting our customers, and if it is not financially feasible to pay for shipping we will send the product out with our next available shipment to the supplier. Please note – warranty times are extended 6-8 weeks if you would like us to cover the shipping costs.
Shipping costs are one way and non-refundable if a warranty is denied.
As much as possible we try to reduce the impact to the environment by reducing shipping costs. In some circumstances we have relationships with the brands where we can take photos of the defective merchandise and save you the costs or receive parts to fix the item in-house. We will determine this upon arrival of your warranty and keep you posted!
We are pleased to extend our shipping discounts to our customers for a standard flat rate:
- Snowboards/Board Bags/Luggage $40CAN
- Everything else $20CAN
To expedite your warranty experience, many companies have exceptional warranty programs. For the fastest and most direct service please see below for links to some of our favorite brands:
Below is a list of companies that do not allow us to handle your warranty concerns and you are to complete the process through them:
- SPY www.spyoptic.com/warranty/warranty.html
- OAKLEY www.luxottica.com/en/northamerica-after-sales-service
- DAKINE https://www.dakine.com/pages/warranty
How to process a warranty claim with the Source Snowboards and Skateboards
- Drop the item off at any of our Source Snowboards locations with Proof of Purchase (we may have your info on file!)
- For Online Purchases please send a detailed email with photos of the damage, serial number for boards, and explanation of the issue as well as order number and purchase date.
- Pick a shipping option (pay on pick up)
- Our reliable warranty department will get ready to process your claim by requesting a Return Authorization and prepare the warranty for shipping
- You will be updated on all details of the warranty though the online form, including tracking information and all up to date notes on the file