Jones Men's Aviator 2.0 LTD 2022
Hurry up! Sales Ends In
Hurry! Only 0 Left in Stock!
Developed in collaboration with Victor De Le Rue
"I’m blown away by the new Aviator 2.0. The pop, edge lock and stability are unlike anything I’ve ever ridden. This is my ultimate freeride board and the perfect board for shredders who love the power of riding full camber." – Victor De Le Rue
The completely re-designed Aviator is a hard charging directional twin built for expert all-mountain riders who like to rail turns and stomp airs anywhere on the mountain.
We partnered with Koroyd to harness their decade of innovation in snowsports in order to integrate a Koroyd core in the nose of the Aviator 2.0. This technology reduces vibrations, improves responsiveness and reduces weight.
This new edition of the Aviator was designed in collaboration with Jones team riders Victor de la Rue and Jimmy Goodman. What sets the Aviator apart is its FULL CAMBER profile. Victor and Jimmy swear by the power of full camber for edging on steeps and landing tricks on the tail. The Aviator also features a 3D Contour Base 2.0, Triax Fiberglass, Carbon/Innegra Reinforcement, an ECO-Plastic topsheet and Traction Tech 3.5 edges. The 3D Contour Base starts after the contact point and helps eliminate edge catch and improve turn fluidity while the Triax fiberglass and Carbon Innegra layer under the Eco-Plastic topsheet suck up board chatter and offer supreme pop and lightning fast response to your every movement.
- Shape: Directional
- Rocker: Directional Rocker
- Flex: Directional Flex Pattern
- Sidecut: Progressive
- Koroyd Core: Koroyd is the lightest, most advanced damping core material we've ever tested. Koroyd absorbs vibrations and adds response at a fraction of the weight which enhances control and confidence.
- Triax Fiberglass: Multi-axis, stitched fiberglass laminate that offers a precise and responsive ride in any terrain or snow conditions.
- Oversized Recycled Edges: All Jones boards are made with oversized recycled steel edges for added durability and improved production sustainability.
- Recycled ABS Sidewalls: ABS Plastic is one of the necessary evils of snowboard production. We improve the sustainability of our snowboards by using only recycled plastic.
- Factory Tuned: All Jones Snowboards are factory de-tuned at the tip and tail so you can go right from the shop to the mountain.
- Forever Flex: Forever Flex is a new manufacturing process that helps stabilise the flex and rocker of a board for its lifetime.
- Bio Resin: Bio Resin is a bio-based epoxy made with 27% plant-based carbon instead of petroleum-based carbon. The organic raw materials used to make bio-resin are co-products or waste products of plant-based industrial processes. Bio-resin requires 33% less greenhouse gas emissions to produce than conventional epoxy.
- Carbon/Innegra reinforcement: Carbon Innegra fiber forms an ultra-tough hybrid composite layer that dampens the board torsionally and from tip to tail. Made in the USA and featured on the Aviator, Airheart and Lone Wolf.
- Eco-plastic topsheet:
- Base: Sintered 8000 Base: Bio-plastic topsheet made from Castor beans. This eco-material is ultralight, chip/scratch resistant and water/snow repellent (snow sticks less to topsheet)
- Power Core: Triple-density full wood core featuring hardwood bamboo stringers for added pop and durability plus paulownia for weight savings.
- Wend Natural Wax: Jones boards are ready to shred straight out of the shop and are factory waxed with WEND natural wax.
A traditional full camber profile that offers the insane edge response of camber without the usual hang-ups. The camber radius tapers into the beveled 3D Contour Base at the tips which releases the edges where they like to hook and balances the pop and directional stability of camber with a looser, less-catchy feel.
3D Contour Base 2.0
Moderate 3D Contour Base featuring an even balance of 4mm spoon bevel in the nose and 4mm spoon bevel in the tail. Spoon bevel starts at rocker point.
Traction Tech 3.5
Traction Tech 3.5 features three bumps per edge (front binding, board center, back binding). The middle bump is slightly bigger than the outside bumps for better grip.
Traction Tech is a critical feature for rockered boards. Rocker improves glide in mixed conditions, but the decreased edge contact makes it harder to really lock into your turns and hold a solid edge. Traction Tech is crucial to offset the edge drift of rocker. - Jeremy Jones
At the far ends of the sidecut, the radius is incrementally increased as the edge reaches the contact point. Gradually increasing the sidecut radius towards the contact point delivers smoother turn initiation and exit as the edge tracks in and out of the snow with a less abrupt transition.
How a board glides in powder, crust, corn or any snow more than an inch deep, is dictated by it’s front contact point and just past it. Next time you are in soft snow watch how much snow comes over the corner of the nose near the contact point. The billowing snow coming out from behind the tip means you are plowing through it which is obviously slowing you down. By adding a blunt nose you get the float benefits of a much longer nose without the ‘snow plow’ rounded tip and it’s extra swing weight. - Jeremy Jones.
Directional flex pattern
Off set tip-to-tail flex pattern that is designed for directional freeride boards. The nose, center of board and tail are slightly different stiffnesses to help lift the nose, sink the tail and improve stability at speed.
Jones exclusive wood core profiling that offers a stable and playful board feel. The wood core is softer between the feet for easy turn initiation and stiffer in the nose and tail for stability riding through uneven terrain and landing airs.
8 (1-10 Scale)
Sintered 8000 Base
New super durable material made from Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMW-PE) and carbon. Base is easily repairable, highly wax absorbent and wicked fast.
For more information, please visit our Returns and Exchanges Page.