Burton 2020 Custom Flying V Wide
You Save: $288.00 (41%)
Hurry up! Sales Ends In
Hurry! Only 0 Left in Stock!
Calgary 11th Avenue: 0
Calgary Shawnessy: 0
The most trusted board ever, backed by a cult following as the number one answer to all terrain.
- FSC™ Certified Super Fly II™ 700G Core: Stronger and lighter woods target specific areas of the core to provide pop, strength, and reduced weight.
- Dualzone™ EGD™: Engineered wood grains for more edge-hold, response, and strengt
- Squeezebox: Profiled core for easier board control, more energy, and pop.
- 45° Carbon Highlights: Carbon Highlights optimizes each layer of the fiberglass matrix and adds a full tip-to-tail carbon layer to reduce weight and fine tune torsional feel to achieve different ride characteristics. A 60° fiber angle creates a highly maneuverable and playful feel, while a 45° fiber angle provides a more aggressive ride.
- The Channel®: Stronger, faster, easier, and designed to help dial-in the perfect stance for you.
- Frostbite Edges: Introduced by Burton long before all the hype about wavy “serrated knife” edges, Frostbite extends out slightly beneath your bindings for tremendous edge-hold on hard, icy conditions. Powerful when you need them, playful when you don’t, Frostbite Edges are hungry for hard-pack while remaining smooth, flowing, and forgiving.
- Pro-Tip™: A tapered tip and tail thickness reduces swing weight for easier mobility.
- Infinite Ride™: Your board will maintain its flex, pop, and feel from the first day forward, season after season.
Like the name suggests, hybrid profiles are a mix of camber, flat and rocker. There are heaps of different combinations of this employed by snowboard manufacturers. The rocker in the tip and tail are great for turn initiation and float in powder, whilst the camber underfoot adds stability, pop and increased edge-hold. You get the edge-hold you need from the camber section underfoot and the float in powder from the rocker sections.
This specific boards bend is a hybrid of both camber and rocker, where rocker is the opposite curvature of camber. It has camber underneath both feet and rocker in between the feet, as well as outside the feet. The nose and the tail are lifted off of the snow which makes for a super-playful, floaty ride by reducing the ability to catch your edge and allowing the board to plane better in deep snow. The camber underfoot gives you edge control and pop where you want it, without sacrificing that playfulness where you need it. Flying V can make a board feel softer than its Camber counterpart. For example the Process Flying V vs. Process Camber; Flying V will feel softer even though they have the same materials. Geared towards beginner to intermediate and freestyle riders but provides a versatile platform for progression and exploration.
Directional boards typically have a longer, pointier nose, with a stance set back towards the tail. This makes them better suited to riding forwards. These boards will carve well on the piste and plough easily through powder – since the short tail naturally sinks while the large nose floats over the snow.
This specific board has a directional flex with a twin flex pattern.
3-6 (Scale 1-10)
Infusing a specially formulated wax deep into the pores of this extra-absorbent, high-density sintered material results in an ultra-durable base that stays Wide F!#@ing Open all season in any condition.
Burton will repair or replace any current season channel board purchased after 08/13/13 for 3 years from the original purchase date of the original owner (with proof of purchase) against manufacturer's defects. All warranty claims should be accompanied by an explanation and receipt.
|Multi Camber||All Mountain||Wide||Directional||Medium||Sintered|
|Size of Board||Weight Range||Waist||Nose / Tail||Sidecut|
|154cm||120-180lbs||25.8||29.9 / 29.9||7.6|
|158cm||150-200lbs||26.2||30.5 / 30.5||7.9|
|162cm||180-260lbs||26.4||30.8 / 30.8||8.2|
|166cm||180-260lbs+||26.6||31.2 / 31.2||8.4|