Burton 2020 Instigator
You Save: $192.00 (41%)
Hurry up! Sales Ends In
Hurry! Only 0 Left in Stock!
Calgary 11th Avenue: 0
Calgary Shawnessy: 0
Shortcut the learning curve with an all-around board that boosts confidence anywhere you take it.
- FSC™ Certified Super Fly® 800G Core: Lightened up and loaded with pop, our dual-species wood core utilizes dual-density vertical laminations of alternating softwood/hardwood to reduce overall weight with no sacrifice in strength or performance.
- Dualzone™ EGD™: Engineered wood grains for more edge-hold, response, and strength.
- Squeezebox Low: Profiled core for easier board control, more energy, and pop.
- Biax™ Fiberglass: Features a jib-friendly, torsionally soft flex and forgiving, park-friendly feel.
- The Channel®: Stronger, faster, easier, and designed to help dial-in the perfect stance for you.
- Cruise Control Tune
- Pro-Tip™: A tapered tip and tail thickness reduces swing weight for easier mobility.
Just like it sounds this profile has no camber or rocker – it’s flat between the contact points.
This specific board runs perfectly flat for the running length of the board, with a few millimeters of early rise rocker in the tip and tail. This shape is the perfect blend of the stability and precision camber offers, as well as the catch-free and playful personality of rocker. With no camber to press out of the board, turning takes very little energy to initiate. Flat boards perform well in all conditions, from powder conditions to hard-packed and groomers. It is great board shape for any rider.
The trade off is that, due to having so much contact with the ground, this style will be a slower ride. If speed is your thing this may not be the way to go; also for beginners it will be easier to catch an edge than a rocker board but is more stable.
TAPERED DIRECTIONAL SHAPE
A tapered directional shape is like a directional shape but the width of the nose will be noticeably larger than the width of the tail.
Almost everything about the tail and the nose will be different – flex, sidecut, length and width. The stance will always be setback and everything is designed to go only in one direction.
1-3 (1-10 Scale)
Burton will repair or replace any current season channel board purchased after 08/13/13 for 3 years from the original purchase date of the original owner (with proof of purchase) against manufacturer's defects. All warranty claims should be accompanied by an explanation and receipt.
|Flat||All Mountain||Regular||Tapered Directional (5mm)||Buttery||Extruded|
|Size of Board||Weight Range||Waist||Nose / Tail||Sidecut|
|150cm||120-180lbs||24.8||29.0 / 28.5||6.8|
|155cm||180-260lbs||25.2||29.6 / 29.1||7.1|
|160cm||180-260lbs+||25.6||30.2 / 29.7||7.4|