Capita 2020 Black Snowboard Of Death
You Save: $291.95 (40%)
Hurry up! Sales Ends In
Hurry! Only 0 Left in Stock!
Calgary 11th Avenue: 0
Calgary Shawnessy: 0
With legendary status as an all-terrain slayer, The CAPiTA Black Snowboard of Death is always evolving. In fact, the only element that has remained the same over the last eighteen years is the name itself. For 2019, The Black Snowboard of Death has been refined within its anytime, anyplace, any condition, all-mountain design mantra which made it famous from the beginning. With a balanced presentation of a directional shape, the custom-designed hybrid camber allows for incredible control—making you a better snowboarder in variable terrain and changing conditions. The 2019 model features a new FSC® Certified FC Hover Core™ with embedded Forged Carbon Power Rods™ and new Amplitex™ V-Tech Amplifiers to retain longitudinal power while achieving a desirable flex for advanced all mountain terrain. Combine those attributes with a carbon formulated HyperDrive™ base featuring a factory-direct Moonshot Pro-Tune™ race base structure, and The Black Snowboard of Death once again stands as one of the most advanced snowboards available
- FSC Certified FC Hover Core: An energetic core that is extremely light and strong with excellent dampening properties. Reinforced with twin FORGED CARBON rods.
- Carbon Fleece Powder Shield: Mixed material technical weave yields an optimal blend of performance and strength.
- Amplitex V-tech Amplifier: Grid woven tech tape featuring the response of carbon with the dampness of flax.
- Holysheet Tri / Tri Fiberglass + Magic Bean Resin: Triax/Triax HOLYSHEET™ has higher glass to weight ratio than normal fiberglass. Impregnated with high performance plant based MAGIC BEAN™ RESIN for the most powerful and dynamic ride.
- Moonshot Pro-Tune: Aftermarket performance stone grind structure straight from The Mothership
- Multitech™ Level 5 DeepSpace™ Metallic Silkscreen + PAM16000™ Topsheet w/ Metallic Underlay
- Multitech™ Sublimation + Die-cut Base
- PLT Topsheet Technology™
- 360 Degree HRC48 Steel Edges
- Full ABS1000 Sidewalls
- Stainless Steel 4 x 2 Inserts
- Titanal Base Inlay
Like the name suggests, hybrid profiles are a mix of camber, flat and rocker. There are heaps of different combinations of this employed by snowboard manufacturers. The rocker in the tip and tail are great for turn initiation and float in powder, whilst the camber underfoot adds stability, pop and increased edge-hold. You get the edge-hold you need from the camber section underfoot and the float in powder from the rocker sections.
Directional boards typically have a longer, pointier nose, with a stance set back towards the tail. This makes them better suited to riding forwards. These boards will carve well on the piste and plough easily through powder – since the short tail naturally sinks while the large nose floats over the snow.
Powder-specific models will often deploy a so-called ‘swallow tail’ to accentuate the effect.
6.5 (Scale 1-10)
Hyperdrive Base: Exclusively formulated, sintered, ultra-high molecular weight, ultra-high density polyethylene, custom engineered with special additives. Rated for the most depraved speed junkies ONLY.