Capita Men's Mega Mercury Snowboard 2023
You Save: $249.99 (25%)
Hurry up! Sales Ends In
Hurry! Only 4 Left in Stock!
Behold! The consummate anytime, any-place, all-terrain, snow-slaying device: The MEGA MERC. Inspired by the on-slope versatility of the Mercury series, the MEGA MERC mimics its proven technical design lines while packing a powerful punch of serious construction upgrades. Featuring an FSC® Certified 3D Thermopolymer Starship Core™ including ultralight post-con-sumer recycled plastics, the MEGA MERC is bolstered by a MEGACARBON™ Array and a MEGALITE SKIN™ topsheet, yielding an exclusive performance to weight ratio for serious descents. For 2023 The MEGA MERC now comes with a factory-direct Moonshot Omni-Tune™ optimizing high-speed performance while riding both regular and switch. Designed for power when you want it and float when you need it, the MEGA MERC is the utilitarian, shred-anything, ultra-premium snowboard you can trust to handle it all.
FSC®CERTIFIED 3D THERMOPOLYMERSTARSHIP CORE™: Utilizing an advanced electronic sorting system allows Capita to select mega-premium, reforestation certified, Poplar graded by weight and grain consistency. Comparable to Paulownia in strength to weight ratio, this core retains the
poppiness of Poplar, and then achieves a signature feel by adding bonded post consumer recycled Thermopolymer channels to form an advanced hybrid core. This mega-premium core will blast you into space and beyond
- MEGACARBON™ ARRAY: Mega-wide carbon tape on both top and bottom of the woodcore = four times the power and response of previous carbon additives.
- HOLYSHEET™ TRI/TRI FIBERGLASS+ MAGIC BEAN™ RESIN Triax/Triax HOLYSHEET™: Has higher glass to weight ratio than normal fiberglass. Impregnated with high performance plant based MAGIC BEAN™ RESIN for the most powerful and dynamic ride.
- HYPERDRIVE™ BASE: Exclusively formulated, sintered, ultra-high molecular weight, ultra-high density polyeth-ylene, custom engineered with special additives. Rated for the most depraved speed junkies ONLY.
- MEGALITE SKIN™ TOPSHEET: Super thin yet durable matte lamina for 60% weight reduction over our regular topsheets.
- NEW! MOONSHOT OMNI-TUNE™: Aftermarket performance stone grind structure straight from The Mothership, optimized for regular and switch riding.
- New Age Directional Sidecut with Death Grip™
- Multitech™ Level 5 DeepSpace™ Silkscreen + PAM16000™ Topsheet w/ Matte Silver
- Multitech™ Silkscreen + Die-cut Base
- 360 Degree HRC48 Steel Edges
- Full ABS1000 Sidewalls
- Stainless Steel 4 x 2 Inserts
Precision, control and pop.
The side profile of camber looks like a rainbow. Tried and true, camber has been the dominant board bend in the snowboard industry for almost 40 years. Adopted from the bend of alpine skis, camber snowboards deliver precise turning and edge control, with spring-loaded pop due to the bend in the board, providing better jumping characteristics. Advanced riders tend to prefer this bend, especially for hard carving and high-speed riding. Even when it comes to softer park snowboards, camber boards deliver exceptional pop and control.
However, they are not as forgiving of mistakes and can be more difficult to learn or progress on than a rocker or hybrid bend.
A smooth, reliable ride.
This specific board has a 0.5" set back stance.
Directional shapes generally feature a longer, softer nose and a shorter, stiffer tail. These shapes thrive in an all-mountain environment, as they possess the ability to ride more smoothly than their twin-tip counterparts and behave more reliably in variable snow conditions, anywhere from choppy snow to deeper powder. More twin-looking directional shapes where the difference between nose and tail appear minimal will perform best as crossover freestyle snowboards for those looking to still access the park, while more exaggerated differences will excel for additional float in deep powder.
Flex: 6.5 (Scale 1 - 10)
Power, Precision, Control.
High-end base material that is harder, more durable, and faster than extruded bases.