Fit: In Form Fit System
Certification: CE EN1077
The Orbit MIPS® shield helmet offers comfort on the mountain while boasting a futuristic look with modern performance features. You can easily pull the shield out and over the helmet and back down without any fuss - a great option for those who wear glasses. You're also sure to appreciate the VIVID lens that's seamlessly integrated with the helmet, MIPS® Spherical technology which aids in the reduction of rotational energy during impacts, and Thermostat Control so you can manage the temperature within.
- Hybrid Construction merges a durable ventilated Hard Shell upper with an In-Mold Construction lower shell plus sidewalls for added protection and style. With Hybrid Construction the helmet is beefed up for added durability while remaining lightweight. Hybrid Construction also features an impact-absorbing and lightweight EPS foam liner.
- The In Form 2 Fit System is lighter and lower-profile than the original, and easier to dial in a custom fit in seconds - even with gloves on. An improved dial design provides up to 6cm of adjustment plus enhanced stability.
- Thermostat Control Adjustable Venting allows you to custom-tune airflow instantly with a simple, low profile control button on the outside of the helmet. No other system is faster or easier to adjust, and nothing is more effective at keeping you comfortable.
- The seamlessly integrated VIVID shield aligns below the helmet brim, incorporating "Stack Vent" technology. It's been engineered to fit perfectly to your face to prevent wind and snow from entering the helmet while eliminating fogging.
- The VIVID shield easily pulls out and over the helmet and back down. It sits securely on top of the helmet and provides a perfect fit on the face when in the down position.
- Spherical Technology's Ball-and-Socket design, powered by MIPS®, helps redirect impact forces away from the brain by allowing the outer liner to rotate around the inner liner during a crash. It also eliminates contact with hard plastic or slip-planes against the skin.
- Polartec® Power Grid has been engineered to be close to skin, so it offers an exceptional comfort and feel thanks to its bi-component knit construction that uses different yarns to create two different surfaces - one that is optimized to move moisture away from the skin, the other to dry quickly. And to enhance the ride even more, Polartec Power Grid fabric includes a Silver Salt (Salt Chloride) that inhibits the growth of odors.
- VIVID is a patented lens technology - developed by Giro in partnership with ZEISS® Optics - that improves the visual experience on snow by enhancing contrast and definition. VIVID Lens Technology effectively manipulates blue light by letting in contrast enhancing blue light, while blocking harmful UV light. Vivid essentially filters out the haze and frees your eyes to spot your line and focus on enjoying your riding experience.
WISHLIST AND COMPARE
Do you want to add products to your personal account?