Jones 2020 Frontier Split Wide
Hurry up! Sales Ends In
Hurry! Only 0 Left in Stock!
Previously named the Explorer, the Frontier Split is the ultimate splitboard for playful riders looking for a directional freeride shape without a stiff flex. The Frontier features a floaty, freeride nose for pow crushing and crud busting matched with a freestyle tail that’s perfect for popping pillows and stomping cliff drops. On icy skin tracks or firm descents, the Directional Rocker profile and Inner/Outer Traction Tech 2.0 edges provide confident stability and edge grip. The Frontier Split offers high performance without skimping on materials as it’s built with a Sintered 7000 base, an Eco-plastic topsheet and a new FSC Classic Core that is specially profiled for added pop. New for 2020, the Frontier Split has Rounded Recycled ABS Sidewalls for improved topsheet durability.
- FSC™ Classic Core: Full wood premium poplar core that offers fun pop, even flex and solid durability.
- Biax Fiberglass: A dual-direction, dual-layer, stitched fiberglass laminate that provides a fun, forgiving and snappy ride.
- ECO-Plastic Topsheet: Bio-plastic topsheet made from Castor beans. This eco-material is ultralight, chip/scratch resistant and water/snow repellent (snow sticks less to topsheet)
- Karakoram Clips: Jones Splitboards feature premium Karakoram K-clips plus tip and tail hooks. Adjustable tension K-clips increase board torsional stiffness and offer a superior connection to simple interlocking clips.
- Stainless Steel Reinforcement: Stainless steel plates are embedded into the nose and tail for improved board tip durability.
- Thin Recycled Edges: Advancements in ski edge durability allow us to use thinner edges on splitboard inside edges (and Project X outside edges) to save weight. Outside edges are 2mm, inside edges are 1.5mm.
- Oversized Recycled Edges: All Jones boards are made with oversized recycled steel edges for added durability and improved production sustainability.
- Recycled Black ABS: ABS Plastic is one of the necessary evils of snowboard production. We improve the sustainability of our snowboards by using only recycled plastic.
- Wend Natural Wax: Jones boards are ready to shred straight out of the shop and are factory waxed with WEND natural wax.
- Super Sap Bio Resin: All Jones boards are now built with bio-based, renewable epoxy instead of petroleum based epoxy. The raw materials used to make Super Sap Bio-Resin are coproducts or waste products of other plantbased industrial processes. Producing Super Sap requires 33% less greenhouse gas emissions than conventional epoxy.
- Please Note This Board has a Flip Flop Base
Like the name suggests, hybrid profiles are a mix of camber, flat and rocker. There are heaps of different combinations of this employed by snowboard manufacturers. The rocker in the tip and tail are great for turn initiation and float in powder, whilst the camber underfoot adds stability, pop and increased edge-hold. You get the edge-hold you need from the camber section underfoot and the float in powder from the rocker sections.
Jones’s hybrid rocker/camber flex pattern is defined by more tip rocker then tail rocker and camber between the bindings. The rockered tip floats the board’s nose and improves maneuverability while the camber underfoot provides edge hold and response. A slightly rockered tail maintains the power and stability of a traditional board but helps keep the tail catch-free initiating turns and landing switch.
Directional boards typically have a longer, pointier nose, with a stance set back towards the tail. This makes them better suited to riding forwards. These boards will carve well on the piste and plough easily through powder – since the short tail naturally sinks while the large nose floats over the snow.
Powder-specific models will often deploy a so-called ‘swallow tail’ to accentuate the effect.
6 (1-10 Scale)
Durable natural base material with added carbon for speed and good wax absorbency
TWO-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
Jones Snowboards guarantees all products sold by Jones Authorized Dealers to be free of defects in material or craftsmanship for a two year period. All boards (starting season 2020) purchased after April 2019 from a Jones Authorized Dealer are eligible for an extended year warranty. To unlock the extra year warranty visit the Jones Snowboards Warranty Page. (link to this in Magento: https://www.jonessnowboards.com/en-SE/help-center/warranty-registration.html)
|Multi Camber||Powder / Freeride||Wide||Directional||Medium||Sintered|
|Size of Board||Weight Range||Waist||Nose / Tail||Sidecut|
|158 cm||140 - 190 lbs||26.2||23.5 / 21.5||7.5|
|161 cm||150 - 200 lbs||26.4||23.7 / 21.7||7.7|
|164 cm||170 - 220 lbs+||26.6||23.9 / 21.9||8.1|