Jones 2020 Mind Expander
You Save: $299.99 (40%)
Hurry up! Sales Ends In
Hurry! Only 0 Left in Stock!
Calgary 11th Avenue: 1
Calgary Shawnessy: 0
The Mind Expander is an alternative all-mountain board that wants to slash every terrain feature in sight. Surf shaper Chris Christenson and Jeremy Jones designed the Mind Expander for the creative rider who draws lines blending freestyle, freeride and surf styles. For playful float in pow the Mind Expander features a Surf Rocker profile, a 3D Contour Base 3.0 and a hybrid directional shape. The blunted nose, full size tail and tight sidecut offer the nimble maneuverability of a directional board matched with the freestyle abilities of a directional twin. New for 2020, the Mind Expander features an updated FSC Bamboo Surf Core for better edge response and turn power and Rounded Recycled ABS Sidewalls for improved topsheet durability.
- FSC™ Bamboo Surf Core: Re-designed triple density Bamboo Surf wood core that features primarily paulownia stringers with bamboo stringers positioned in the pocket of the sidecut for better edge response and turn power.
- 3D Base Contour 3.0: Freeride focused 3D Contour Base featuring an even balance of 7mm of spoon bevel in the nose and 7mm of spoon bevel in the tail. Spoon bevel starts at the rocker point.
- ECO-Plastic Topsheet: Bio-plastic topsheet made from Castor beans. This eco-material is ultralight, chip/scratch resistant and water/snow repellent (snow sticks less to topsheet)
- Biax Fiberglass: A dual-direction, dual-layer, stitched fiberglass laminate that provides a fun, forgiving and snappy ride.
- Web Fused Carbon Reinforcement: Web Fused Carbon - New carbon stringer pack that blends different widths of carbon matched to the specific needs of the board model. Featured on the surf collection models to eliminate nose vibration and on the Solution splitboard as a reinforcement under the binding. Made in the USA, EXCLUSIVE for Jones.
- Oversized Recycled Edges: All Jones boards are made with oversized recycled steel edges for added durability and improved production sustainability
- Recycled Rounded ABS: New rounded sidewall finish that improves board durability by protecting topsheet from chipping. Available on all splitboards and surf series models.
- Wend Natural Wax: Jones boards are ready to shred straight out of the shop and are factory waxed with WEND natural wax.
- Super Sap Bio Resin: All Jones boards are now built with bio-based, renewable epoxy instead of petroleum based epoxy. The raw materials used to make Super Sap Bio-Resin are coproducts or waste products of other plantbased industrial processes. Producing Super Sap requires 33% less greenhouse gas emissions than conventional epoxy.
- Please Note This Board has a Flip Flop Base
Essentially it is the opposite of traditional camber. There is a continuous concave or “rocker” shape between the tip and tail contact points. Reverse camber boards were traditionally recommended for beginners because it makes turn initiation easier and you are less likely to catch an edge. However, it also provides a looser feel which may not be the easiest for the beginner to control.
The nose rocker starts just inside of the front inserts and the tail rocker starts just at the back inserts. When you weight the tail of the board the nose ramps up out of the snow for insane float on the deepest days. These subtle rocker contours match a Christenson surfboard rocker profile.
TAPERED DIRECTIONAL SHAPE
A tapered directional shape is like a directional shape but the width of the nose will be noticeably larger than the width of the tail.
Almost everything about the tail and the nose will be different – flex, sidecut, length and width. The stance will always be setback and everything is designed to go only in one direction.
6 (1-10 Scale)
Made from Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMW-PE) and Carbon. This ultra-fast base is easy to repair thanks to the UHMW-PE.
TWO-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
Jones Snowboards guarantees all products sold by Jones Authorized Dealers to be free of defects in material or craftsmanship for a two year period. All boards (starting season 2020) purchased after April 2019 from a Jones Authorized Dealer are eligible for an extended year warranty. To unlock the extra year warranty visit the Jones Snowboards Warranty Page. (link to this in Magento: https://www.jonessnowboards.com/en-SE/help-center/warranty-registration.html)
|Reverse Camber / Rocker||All Mountain||Regular||Tapered Directional||Medium||Sintered|
|Size of Board||Weight Range||Waist||Nose / Tail||Sidecut|
|146 cm||110 - 160 lbs||24.8||39.2 / 19.2||6.6|
|150 cm||120 - 170 lbs||25.2||39.6 / 19.6||6.7|
|154 cm||130 - 180 lbs||25.6||40.0 / 20.0||6.9|
|158 cm||150 - 200 lbs||26||40.4 / 20.4||7.1|
|162 cm||170 - 220 lbs+||26.4||40.8 / 20.8||7.3|
|166 cm||170 - 220 lbs+||26.8||41.2 / 21.2||7.5|