Jones 2020 Mind Expander Split
Hurry up! Sales Ends In
Hurry! Only 0 Left in Stock!
Calgary 11th Avenue: 0
Calgary Shawnessy: 0
The Mind Expander Split was built for the creative rider who weaves nimble and playful lines as they slash through the backcountry. Designed by surf shaper Chris Christenson and Jeremy Jones, the Mind Expander Split features a Christenson Surf Rocker profile and a blunted nose for epic float in pow plus a full size tail for legit freestyle performance. The unique shape is matched with a short sidecut for snappy turn potential in tight trees and Inner/Outer Traction Tech 1.0 edges for enhanced grip on icy skintracks or firm descents. For unmatched torsionally board connection in ride mode, the Mind Expander Split also features our Boltless Bridge and Karakoram Ultra Clips. New for 2020, we’ve added Rounded Recycled ABS Sidewalls for improved topsheet durability.
- FSC™ Control Split Core: The new Ultra Split Core is our lightest split wood core yet. Core is made from mostly paulownia with specially positioned poplar stringers for better durability and turn power.
- ECO-Plastic Topsheet: Bio-plastic topsheet made from Castor beans. This eco-material is ultralight, chip/scratch resistant and water/snow repellent (snow sticks less to topsheet)
- Biax Fiberglass: A dual-direction, dual-layer, stitched fiberglass laminate that provides a fun, forgiving and snappy ride.
- Karakoram Ultra Clips: ULTRA clips are the strongest, lowest profile splitboard clips in the world. They deliver unmatched compression between board halves and they are adjustable so you can maintain even compression as your splitboard ages.
- Stainless Steel Reinforcement: Stainless steel plates are embedded into the nose and tail for improved board tip durability.
- Outer Oversized Recycled Edges: All Jones boards are made with oversized recycled steel edges for added durability and improved production sustainability
- Inner Thin Recycled Edges: Advancements in ski edge durability allow us to use thinner edges on splitboard inside edges (and Project X outside edges) to save weight. Outside edges are 2mm, inside edges are 1.5mm.
- Recycled Rounded ABS: New rounded sidewall finish that improves board durability by protecting topsheet from chipping. Available on all splitboards and surf series models.
- Wend Natural Wax: Jones boards are ready to shred straight out of the shop and are factory waxed with WEND natural wax.
- Super Sap Bio Resin: All Jones boards are now built with bio-based, renewable epoxy instead of petroleum based epoxy. The raw materials used to make Super Sap Bio-Resin are coproducts or waste products of other plantbased industrial processes. Producing Super Sap requires 33% less greenhouse gas emissions than conventional epoxy.
- Please Note This Board has a Flip Flop Base
Essentially it is the opposite of traditional camber. There is a continuous concave or “rocker” shape between the tip and tail contact points. Reverse camber boards were traditionally recommended for beginners because it makes turn initiation easier and you are less likely to catch an edge. However, it also provides a looser feel which may not be the easiest for the beginner to control.
The nose rocker starts just inside of the front inserts and the tail rocker starts just at the back inserts. When you weight the tail of the board the nose ramps up out of the snow for insane float on the deepest days. These subtle rocker contours match a Christenson surfboard rocker profile.
TAPERED DIRECTIONAL SHAPE
A tapered directional shape is like a directional shape but the width of the nose will be noticeably larger than the width of the tail.
Almost everything about the tail and the nose will be different – flex, sidecut, length and width. The stance will always be setback and everything is designed to go only in one direction.
6 (1-10 Scale)
Made from Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMW-PE) and Carbon. This ultra-fast base is easy to repair thanks to the UHMW-PE.
TWO-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY:
Jones Snowboards guarantees all products sold by Jones Authorized Dealers to be free of defects in material or craftsmanship for a two year period. All boards (starting season 2020) purchased after April 2019 from a Jones Authorized Dealer are eligible for an extended year warranty. To unlock the extra year warranty visit the Jones Snowboards Warranty Page. (link to this in Magento: https://www.jonessnowboards.com/en-SE/help-center/warranty-registration.html)
|Rocker / Reverse Camber||Powder / Freeride||Regular||Tapered Directional||Medium||Sintered|
|Size of Board||Weight Range||Waist||Nose / Tail||Sidecut|
|154 cm||130 - 180 lbs||25.6||40.0 / 20.0||6.9|
|158 cm||150 - 200 lbs||26.0||40.4 / 20.4||7.1|