Jones 2020 Mountain Twin Split
Hurry up! Sales Ends In
Hurry! Only 0 Left in Stock!
The Mountain Twin Split offers creative riders a time tested directional twin shape option for getting rad in the backcountry. It’s designed to offer precision control riding regular or switch on any terrain from chutes to tree runs to backcountry booters. The Mountain Twin Split features blunt tips, a mid-stiff flex and a CamRock profile that offer playful float in pow and critical stability at speed. For added edge grip on icy skin tracks or steep descents, the Mountain Twin Split also features Inner/Outer Traction Tech 2.0 edges plus the Boltless Bridge and Karakoram Ultra Clips which eliminate base hardware and deliver unmatched torsional board response in ride mode. New for 2020, we’ve added Rounded Recycled ABS Sidewalls for improved topsheet durability.
- FSC™ Mountain Core: Dual-density full wood core with hardwood bamboo stringers for added pop and durability.
- Triax Fiberglass: Multi-axis, stitched fiberglass laminate that offers a precise and responsive ride in any terrain or snow conditions.
- ECO-Plastic Topsheet: Bio-plastic topsheet made from Castor beans. This eco-material is ultralight, chip/scratch resistant and water/snow repellent (snow sticks less to topsheet)
- Karakoram Clips: Jones Splitboards feature premium Karakoram K-clips plus tip and tail hooks. Adjustable tension K-clips increase board torsional stiffness and offer a superior connection to simple interlocking clips.
- Stainless Steel Reinforcement: Stainless steel plates are embedded into the nose and tail for improved board tip durability.
- Thin Recycled Edges: Advancements in ski edge durability allow us to use thinner edges on splitboard inside edges (and Project X outside edges) to save weight. Outside edges are 2mm, inside edges are 1.5mm.
- Oversized Recycled Edges: All Jones boards are made with oversized recycled steel edges for added durability and improved production sustainability.
- Recycled Black ABS: ABS Plastic is one of the necessary evils of snowboard production. We improve the sustainability of our snowboards by using only recycled plastic.
- Wend Natural Wax: Jones boards are ready to shred straight out of the shop and are factory waxed with WEND natural wax.
- Super Sap Bio Resin: All Jones boards are now built with bio-based, renewable epoxy instead of petroleum based epoxy. The raw materials used to make Super Sap Bio-Resin are coproducts or waste products of other plantbased industrial processes. Producing Super Sap requires 33% less greenhouse gas emissions than conventional epoxy.
- Please Note This Board has a Flip Flop Base
Like the name suggests, hybrid profiles are a mix of camber, flat and rocker. There are heaps of different combinations of this employed by snowboard manufacturers. The rocker in the tip and tail are great for turn initiation and float in powder, whilst the camber underfoot adds stability, pop and increased edge-hold. You get the edge-hold you need from the camber section underfoot and the float in powder from the rocker sections.
Jones’s hybrid rocker/camber flex pattern is defined by more tip rocker then tail rocker and camber between the bindings. The rockered tip floats the board’s nose and improves maneuverability while the camber underfoot provides edge hold and response. A slightly rockered tail maintains the power and stability of a traditional board but helps keep the tail catch-free initiating turns and landing switch.
The directional twin at first glance appears to be a true twin but will have something different between the shape, size or flex of the nose and the tail.
Sometimes the tail might have a stiffer flex, or the camber profile is different towards the nose than it is towards the tail or the nose might be raised slightly more than the tail.
It could also be a true twin shape with a setback stance. In which case, the board will be designed with a setback stance in mind – so the camber profile will be designed so that it feels right in that setback stance.
This board is a twin shape and twin flex with a set back stance of 2.0” giving it exceptional float in powder.
7 (1-10 Scale)
Durable natural base material with added carbon for speed and good wax absorbency.
TWO-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
Jones Snowboards guarantees all products sold by Jones Authorized Dealers to be free of defects in material or craftsmanship for a two year period. All boards (starting season 2020) purchased after April 2019 from a Jones Authorized Dealer are eligible for an extended year warranty. To unlock the extra year warranty visit the Jones Snowboards Warranty Page.https://www.jonessnowboards.com/en-SE/help-center/warranty-registration.html)
|Multi Camber||Powder / Freeride||Regular||Directional Twin||Responsive||Sintered|
|Size of Board||Weight Range||Waist||Nose / Tail||Sidecut|
|157 cm||130 - 180 lbs||25.3||21.0 / 21.0||7.8|
|160 cm||150 - 200 lbs||25.6||21.3 / 21.3||8.0|