Jones 2020 Ultracraft
You Save: $339.99 (40%)
Hurry up! Sales Ends In
Hurry! Only 0 Left in Stock!
The Ultracraft is a high-performance alternative freeride board that carves piste and rips pow like a race board. Featuring the same shape as the Hovercraft, only built with premium materials, the Ultracraft has no top speed railing a turn in smooth snow. The rocker nose delivers epic float in pow while the stubby, stiff tail and long sidecut offer powerful board control when moving fast. The 3D Contour Base 4.0 features spooned nose+tail edges for improved float and turn fluidity and a speed channel in the tail for added glide. New for 2020, the Ultracraft is now built with our FSC Ultra Core for lightweight pop and a Flax Topsheet plus Basalt Power Stringers for supreme torsional response, reduced board chatter and improved sustainability.
- Ultra Construction
- 3D BASE CONTOUR 4.0: Jones’s most advanced 3D Contour Base design featuring 7mm of spoon bevel in the nose, 4mm in the tail and a 1mm deep Speed Channel between the tail edges. The concave Speed Channel pushes loose snow out from under the board for added speed.
- FSC™ Ultra Core: The new Ultra Core is our lightest wood core yet. Core is made from mostly paulownia with specially positioned poplar stringers for better durability and turn power
- Power Sustainable Basalt Stringers: New sustainable stringer made with 100% natural fibers. Basalt stringers improve torsional response and transfer power from under your feet to the tips of the board to help eliminate nose and tail chatter.
- Sustainable Flax Top: Flax fiber represents the future of sustainable snowboard manufacturing as this natural fiber is lighter then carbon and fiberglass and is 100% bio-sourced. The Flax also uses less resin in the board layup which saves more weight and synthetic materials. Flax fibers are used in place of a traditional topsheet and offer a damp ride that absorbs chatter at any speed.
- Triax Fiberglass: Multi-axis, stitched fiberglass laminate that offers a precise and responsive ride in any terrain or snow conditions.
- Recycled Black ABS: ABS Plastic is one of the necessary evils of snowboard production. We improve the sustainability of our snowboards by using only recycled plastic.
- Oversized Recycled Edges: All Jones boards are made with oversized recycled steel edges for added durability and improved production sustainability.
- Wend Natural Wax: Jones boards are ready to shred straight out of the shop and are factory waxed with WEND natural wax.
- Super Sap Bio Resin: All Jones boards are now built with bio-based, renewable epoxy instead of petroleum based epoxy. The raw materials used to make Super Sap Bio-Resin are coproducts or waste products of other plantbased industrial processes. Producing Super Sap requires 33% less greenhouse gas emissions than conventional epoxy
Like the name suggests, hybrid profiles are a mix of camber, flat and rocker. There are heaps of different combinations of this employed by snowboard manufacturers. The rocker in the tip and tail are great for turn initiation and float in powder, whilst the camber underfoot adds stability, pop and increased edge-hold. You get the edge-hold you need from the camber section underfoot and the float in powder from the rocker sections.
Jones’s hybrid rocker/camber flex pattern is defined by more tip rocker then tail rocker and camber between the bindings. The rockered tip floats the board’s nose and improves maneuverability while the camber underfoot provides edge hold and response. A slightly rockered tail maintains the power and stability of a traditional board but helps keep the tail catch-free initiating turns and landing switch.
Directional boards typically have a longer, pointier nose, with a stance set back towards the tail. This makes them better suited to riding forwards. These boards will carve well on the piste and plough easily through powder – since the short tail naturally sinks while the large nose floats over the snow.
Powder-specific models will often deploy a so-called ‘swallow tail’ to accentuate the effect.
8 (1-10 Scale)
Made from Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMW-PE) and Carbon. This ultra-fast base is easy to repair thanks to the UHMW-PE
TWO-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
Jones Snowboards guarantees all products sold by Jones Authorized Dealers to be free of defects in material or craftsmanship for a two year period. All boards (starting season 2020) purchased after April 2019 from a Jones Authorized Dealer are eligible for an extended year warranty. To unlock the extra year warranty visit the Jones Snowboards Warranty Page. (link to this in Magento: https://www.jonessnowboards.com/en-SE/help-center/warranty-registration.html)
|Multi Camber||Powder / Freeride||Regular||Directional||Responsive||Sintered|
|Size of Board||Weight Range||Waist||Nose / Tail||Sidecut|
|156 cm||120 - 170 lbs||26.0||40.0 / 15.5||9.3|
|160 cm||140 - 190 lbs||26.4||40.4 / 15.9||9.5|