Jones 2020 Youth Discovery Split
You Save: $299.99 (40%)
Hurry up! Sales Ends In
Hurry! Only 0 Left in Stock!
The Discovery splitboard is the world’s first splitboard designed for youth and small adults. This fully featured splitboard throws open the door for smaller riders to confidently ride advanced backcountry terrain on a legit high performance freeride board. The Discovery features a proven directional shape, profile and flex that excels in any terrain or snow condition. Tech features on the Discovery like Progressive Sidecut allow for easy turn initiation, while the Blunt Nose and Directional Rocker profile keep any size rider cruising through the inevitably variable backcountry conditions. Full wrap recycled steel inner edges keep the Discovery locked into the slope on icy skin tracks.
- FSC™ Classic Core: Full wood premium poplar core that offers fun pop, even flex and solid durability.
- Biax Fiberglass: A dual-direction, dual-layer, stitched fiberglass laminate that provides a fun_ forgiving and snappy ride.
- ECO-Plastic Topsheet: Bio-plastic topsheet made from Castor beans. This eco-material is ultralight_ chip/scratch resistant and water/snow repellent (snow sticks less to topsheet)
- Karakoram Clips: Jones Splitboards feature premium Karakoram K-clips plus tip and tail hooks. Adjustable tension K-clips increase board torsional stiffness and offer a superior connection to simple interlocking clips.
- Stainless Steel Reinforcement: Stainless steel plates are embedded into the nose and tail for improved board tip durability.
- Oversized Recycled Edges: All Jones boards are made with oversized recycled steel edges for added durability and improved production sustainability
- Wend Natural Wax: Jones boards are ready to shred straight out of the shop and are factory waxed with WEND natural wax.
- Super Sap Bio Resin: All Jones boards are now built with bio-based_ renewable epoxy instead of petroleum based epoxy. The raw materials used to make Super Sap Bio-Resin are coproducts or waste products of other plantbased industrial processes. Producing Super Sap requires 33% less greenhouse gas emissions than conventional epoxy.
- Recycled Black ABS: ABS Plastic is one of the necessary evils of snowboard production. We improve the sustainability of our snowboards by using only recycled plastic.
Like the name suggests, hybrid profiles are a mix of camber, flat and rocker. There are heaps of different combinations of this employed by snowboard manufacturers. The rocker in the tip and tail are great for turn initiation and float in powder, whilst the camber underfoot adds stability, pop and increased edge-hold. You get the edge-hold you need from the camber section underfoot and the float in powder from the rocker sections.
Jones’s hybrid rocker/camber flex pattern defined by more tip rocker then tail rocker and camber between the bindings. The rockered tip floats the board’s nose and improves maneuverability while the camber underfoot provides edge hold and response. A slightly rockered tail maintains the power and stability of a traditional board but helps keep the tail catch-free initiating turns and landing switch.
Directional boards typically have a longer, pointier nose, with a stance set back towards the tail. This makes them better suited to riding forwards. These boards will carve well on the piste and plough easily through powder – since the short tail naturally sinks while the large nose floats over the snow.
This specific board has a recommended set back stance of 2.0” and directional flex pattern meaning it will carve like no other and float in pow!
5 (1-10 Scale)
Durable natural base material with added carbon for speed and good wax absorbency.
TWO-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
Jones Snowboards guarantees all products sold by Jones Authorized Dealers to be free of defects in material or craftsmanship for a two year period. All boards (starting season 2020) purchased after April 2019 from a Jones Authorized Dealer are eligible for an extended year warranty. To unlock the extra year warranty visit the Jones Snowboards Warranty Page. https://www.jonessnowboards.com/en-SE/help-center/warranty-registration.html
|Size of Board||Weight Range||Waist||Nose / Tail||Sidecuts|