Jones Men's Aviator Wide 2021
You Save: $115.49 (15%)
Hurry up! Sales Ends In
Hurry! Only 0 Left in Stock!
Calgary 11th Avenue: 0
Calgary Shawnessy: 0
Ideal for expert freestyle and all-mountain carving.
Weapon of choice for Victor De Le Rue.
The Aviator is an elite all-mountain directional twin built for experienced riders who like to carve hard and take to the air with confidence. The Aviators’s nimble handling and supersonic acceleration result from the 3D Contour Base 2.0, Traction Tech 2.0 edges plus the Power Camber profile. Power Camber keeps you locked in and railing hard while the spooned tips on the 3D Contour Base 2.0 help eliminate catch and improve turn fluidity. The Triax Carbon Innegra layer under the Eco-plastic Topsheet sucks up board chatter and offers supreme pop and lightning fast response to any rider energy input. New for 2021, the Aviator is built with our new ultra fast and durable Sintered 8000 base.
- Shape: Directional
- Rocker: Directional Rocker
- Flex: Directional Flex Pattern
- Sidecut: Progressive
- Core: Power Core Triple-density full wood core featuring hardwood bamboo stringers for added pop and durability plus paulownia for weight savings.
- Triax Fiberglass: Multi-axis, stitched fiberglass laminate that offers a precise and responsive ride in any terrain or snow conditions.
- Oversized Recycled Edges: All Jones boards are made with oversized recycled steel edges for added durability and improved production sustainability.
- Recycled ABS Sidewalls: ABS Plastic is one of the necessary evils of snowboard production. We improve the sustainability of our snowboards by using only recycled plastic.
- Factory Tuned: All Jones Snowboards are factory de-tuned at the tip and tail so you can go right from the shop to the mountain.
- Forever Flex: Forever Flex is a new manufacturing process that helps stabilise the flex and rocker of a board for its lifetime.
- Bio Resin: Bio Resin is a bio-based epoxy made with 27% plant-based carbon instead of petroleum-based carbon. The organicc raw materials used to make bio-resin are co-products or waste products of plant-based industrial processes. Bio-resin requires 33% less greenhouse gas emissions to produce than conventional epoxy.
- Carbon/Innegra reinforcement: Carbon Innegra fiber forms an ultra-tough hybrid composite layer that dampens the board torsionally and from tip to tail. Made in the USA and featured on the Aviator, Airheart and Lone Wolf.
- Eco-plastic topsheet:
- Base: Sintered 8000 Base: Bio-plastic topsheet made from Castor beans. This eco-material is ultralight, chip/scratch resistant and water/snow repellent (snow sticks less to topsheet)
- Power Core: Triple-density full wood core featuring hardwood bamboo stringers for added pop and durability plus paulownia for weight savings.
- Wend Natural Wax: Jones boards are ready to shred straight out of the shop and are factory waxed with WEND natural wax.
An innovative traditional camber profile tweaked to offer the insane edge response of camber without the usual hang-ups. The camber radius tapers to flat toward the tips and the base is beveled up one degree at the edges from the contact points of the camber to the ends of the board. The base beveling releases the edges where they like to hook which balances the pop and directional stability of camber with a looser, less-catchy feel.
3D Contour Base 2.0
Moderate 3D Contour Base featuring an even balance of 4mm spoon bevel in the nose and 4mm spoon bevel in the tail. Spoon bevel starts at rocker point.
Traction Tech 1.0
Like a serrated knife slicing into the snow, Traction Tech improves your edge grip by adding multiple contact points along the running length of your board.
Traction Tech is a critical feature for rockered boards. Rocker improves glide in mixed conditions, but the decreased edge contact makes it harder to really lock into your turns and hold a solid edge. Traction Tech is crucial to offset the edge drift of rocker. - Jeremy Jones
At the far ends of the sidecut, the radius is incrementally increased as the edge reaches the contact point. Gradually increasing the sidecut radius towards the contact point delivers smoother turn initiation and exit as the edge tracks in and out of the snow with a less abrupt transition.
Tapered shape, 12.5 mm
The tapered shape sinks the tail in pow for better float and quicker turns.
How a board glides in powder, crust, corn or any snow more than an inch deep, is dictated by it’s front contact point and just past it. Next time you are in soft snow watch how much snow comes over the corner of the nose near the contact point. The billowing snow coming out from behind the tip means you are plowing through it which is obviously slowing you down. By adding a blunt nose you get the float benefits of a much longer nose without the ‘snow plow’ rounded tip and it’s extra swing weight. - Jeremy Jones.
Directional flex pattern
Off set tip-to-tail flex pattern that is designed for directional freeride boards. The nose, center of board and tail are slightly different stiffnesses to help lift the nose, sink the tail and improve stability at speed.
Jones exclusive wood core profiling that offers a stable and playful board feel. The wood core is softer between the feet for easy turn initiation and stiffer in the nose and tail for stability riding through uneven terrain and landing airs.
8 (1-10 Scale)
Sintered 8000 Base
New super durable material made from Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMW-PE) and carbon. Base is easily repairable, highly wax absorbent and wicked fast.
Flip Flop Base
Producing two or more base color options minimizes p-tex waste. Order may be filled with either color. Color does not vary by size.