Jones Men's Mind Expander Twin LTD 2022
Hurry up! Sales Ends In
Hurry! Only 0 Left in Stock!
Calgary 11th Avenue: 0
Calgary Shawnessy: 0
*Please Note: This Limited Release Item is Only Available for In-Store Pickup*
The new Mind Expander Twin is a hybrid Surf Series model that blends the playful, easy going board feel of the Mind Expander with the freestyle performance of a directional twin shape.
The Mind Expander Twin’s fun loving personality is defined by it’s friendly flex, tight sidecut, Christenson Surf CAMBER profile and 3D Contour Base 3.0. The blunted, twin shape and 3D Contour Base make riding switch and buttering pow extra easy while the narrow sidecut and Surf Camber profile o!er snappy turn response. For a damp ride and confident edge control on chop or ice, the Mind Expander Twin also features Flax/Basalt Stringers and Traction Tech 3.5 edges. Riders who live to bounce down the mountain hitting every terrain feature in sight will love this new alternative freestyle board.
"The Mind Expander Twin is ready to turn your mountain on its head and unlock new possibilities of where and how you ride. If you’re the kind of rider who is down to hit every last bump, knuckle and side hit this board is built for you. Expand your mind, expand your possibilities, expand your mountain." — Jeremy Jones
- Shape: Directional
- Rocker: Directional Rocker
- Flex: Directional Flex Pattern
- Sidecut: Progressive
- Bamboo Surf Core: Re-designed triple density Bamboo Surf wood core that features primarily paulownia stringers with bamboo stringers positioned in the pocket of the sidecut for better edge response and turn power.
- Triax Fiberglass: Multi-axis, stitched fiberglass laminate that offers a precise and responsive ride in any terrain or snow conditions.
- Oversized Recycled Edges: All Jones boards are made with oversized recycled steel edges for added durability and improved production sustainability.
- Recycled ABS Sidewalls: ABS Plastic is one of the necessary evils of snowboard production. We improve the sustainability of our snowboards by using only recycled plastic.
- Factory Tuned: All Jones Snowboards are factory de-tuned at the tip and tail so you can go right from the shop to the mountain.
- Forever Flex: Forever Flex is a new manufacturing process that helps stabilise the flex and rocker of a board for its lifetime.
- Bio Resin: Bio Resin is a bio-based epoxy made with 27% plant-based carbon instead of petroleum-based carbon. The organicc raw materials used to make bio-resin are co-products or waste products of plant-based industrial processes. Bio-resin requires 33% less greenhouse gas emissions to produce than conventional epoxy.
- Base: Sintered 8000 Base: Bio-plastic topsheet made from Castor beans. This eco-material is ultralight, chip/scratch resistant and water/snow repellent (snow sticks less to topsheet)
- Wend Natural Wax: Jones boards are ready to shred straight out of the shop and are factory waxed with WEND natural wax.
Christenson Surf Camber/Rocker
Custom rocker/camber flex pattern designed by surf shaper Chris Christenson. The rockered tip floats the board’s nose and improves maneuverability while the camber underfoot provides edge hold and response. A slightly rockered tail maintains the power and stability of a traditional board and helps keep the tail catch-free initiating turns and landing switch.
3D Contour Base
Freeride focused 3D-base contours featuring an even balance of 7mm of spoon bevel in the nose and 7mm of spoon bevel in the tail. Spoon bevel starts at the rocker point.
Traction Tech 3.5
Traction Tech 3.5 features three bumps per edge (front binding, board center, back binding). The middle bump is slightly bigger than the outside bumps for better grip.
Traction Tech is a critical feature for rockered boards. Rocker improves glide in mixed conditions, but the decreased edge contact makes it harder to really lock into your turns and hold a solid edge. Traction Tech is crucial to offset the edge drift of rocker. - Jeremy Jones
At the far ends of the sidecut, the radius is incrementally increased as the edge reaches the contact point. Gradually increasing the sidecut radius towards the contact point delivers smoother turn initiation and exit as the edge tracks in and out of the snow with a less abrupt transition.
How a board glides in powder, crust, corn or any snow more than an inch deep, is dictated by it’s front contact point and just past it. Next time you are in soft snow watch how much snow comes over the corner of the nose near the contact point. The billowing snow coming out from behind the tip means you are plowing through it which is obviously slowing you down. By adding a blunt nose you get the float benefits of a much longer nose without the ‘snow plow’ rounded tip and it’s extra swing weight. - Jeremy Jones.
Directional flex pattern
Off set tip-to-tail flex pattern that is designed for directional freeride boards. The nose, center of board and tail are slightly different stiffnesses to help lift the nose, sink the tail and improve stability at speed.
Jones exclusive wood core profiling that offers a stable and playful board feel. The wood core is softer between the feet for easy turn initiation and stiffer in the nose and tail for stability riding through uneven terrain and landing airs.
6 (1-10 Scale)
Sintered 8000 Base
New super durable material made from Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMW-PE) and carbon. Base is easily repairable, highly wax absorbent and wicked fast.