Ride 2020 Kink Wide
You Save: $96.00 (20%)
Hurry up! Sales Ends In
Hurry! Only 0 Left in Stock!
Twin Hybrid Camber provides pop and smooth turn initiation. A quadratic sidecut provides predictability and edge hold. Slimewalls® and Cleave Edge™ provide a smoother ride and increase durability. The sintered base is harder and more durable. The Kink is a board designed for modern freestyle and street performance.
- Quadratic Sidecut: Blending of three radii to improve turn initiation/exit while providing the best grip possible. This design is uniquely formulated for each model based on its shape and riding style.
- Performance™ Core: High strength Aspen is combined with Bamboo and lightweight Paulownia wood to provide the perfect balance of strong and light.
- Slimewalls®: RIDE’s exclusive Slimewalls® are forgiving and ductile, absorbing impacts rather than defending against them. Just like your skate wheels, the urethane in Slimewalls® smoothes the interaction with the snow, wood or metal surfaces you may ride on. On top of all that, these babies are virtually indestructible, the most durable sidewalls in snowboarding.
- Flat Kick Tips
- Double Impact Plates: Added underneath each binding area to improve compressive strength and prevent board breaks where it matters most.
- Carbon Array 3™: This power distribution technology provides total board control in every stance location. Widespread carbon stringers placed at the binding zone gather input from any stance width and all pressure angles. Rider input is then channeled to the opposing contact point for maximum board control.
- Biaxial Glass: 90° and 0° angles, fun and forgiving.
- Cleave Edge™: Nearly 50% more steel, delivers unmatched resistance to edge cracking and can be detuned to larger radii.
- Roll-In Construction
Like the name suggests, hybrid profiles are a mix of camber, flat and rocker. There are heaps of different combinations of this employed by snowboard manufacturers. The rocker in the tip and tail are great for turn initiation and float in powder, whilst the camber underfoot adds stability, pop and increased edge-hold. You get the edge-hold you need from the camber section underfoot and the float in powder from the rocker sections.
This board has a true twin shape hybrid profile that has more camber than rocker.
A true twin shape is completely symmetrical. If you cut a true twin in half exactly down the middle, you would end up with two identical pieces of board.
This means that the nose and the tail are the same length and the same width and the bindings are centred on the board – i.e. they are equal distances from the centre of the board and the front binding is the same distance from the nose as the back binding is from the tail.
Of course, as you can adjust the width of the position of the bindings you could create a setback stance if you were so inclined but this would be unusual on a true twin given its purpose and might be a strange feel depending on the camber profile (i.e. one foot could end up being over camber and the other over rocker which would probably feel odd).
In addition to this a true twin has exactly the same flex in the nose and tail.
1-3 (1-10 Scale)
High-end sintered 4000 Ptex base material that is more durable, harder and faster than extruded.
THREE-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
RIDE Snowboards provides a 3 year warranty* for all boards produced for the 2017 catalog and newer. RIDE Snowboards provides a 1 year warranty for all boards produced for the 2016 catalog and before. All warranties are subject to inspection by RIDE snowboards prior to a replacement being issued. All warranties covered by a replacement are covered for the remainder of the original warranty.
|Size of Board||Weight Range||Waist||Nose / Tail||Sidecut|
|154cm||140-190lbs||26.0||30.5 / 30.5||8.8 / 7.8 / 8.8|
|158cm||150-220lbs+||26.2||30.9 / 30.9||8.9 / 7.9 / 8.9|