Oneballjay's 12 inch long snowboard wax scraper allows you to cover a lot of ground with each pass. Made from 1/8" thick high grade acrylic producing a super sharp edge. Acrylic is a better material than simple plastic because of the ability to get a sharp edge. If the edge gets built up with wax or starts to feel dull run it across a steel file or some sand paper to sharpen it back up. Notched corner allows for easy cleaning of wax off your steel edges. All you need to get the job done.
Size: 2.5" x 12" x 1/8" thick
1. Select correct temperature specific wax by checking mountain conditions/snow report...(actual snow temperature, not air).
2. Press wax on the iron and distribute small drips of wax over the entire base. DO NOT ALLOW IRON TO SMOKE!
3. With iron in hand, slowly pull the iron over the wax drips smoothing them into a sheet of wax that covers the entire base tip to tail.
4. Let the wax cool 10-15 minutes, then scrape with a sharp plastic scraper. DO NOT USE a steel scraper.
5. Use a wax brush or fiber pad, remove excess wax from base, brushing from tip to the tail. This allows your base to glide fast.