K2 Men's Afterblack Wide Snowboard 2024
Hurry up! Sales Ends In
Hurry! Only 2 Left in Stock!
Taking the strongest parts of it’s previous existence and evolving, the all-new K2 Aterblack was engineered for serious durability with a focus on classic freestyle flex, and feel, with modern maneuverability.
We’ve taken a proven construction and design philosophy and listened to our team riders to bring together the all-new K2 Afterblack twin tip snowboard. Team riders Mark Wilson and Justin Phipps weighed in heavy on tip & tail shape, sidecut radius, blend zone, and camber profile. After rounds of testing on the hill and in the streets, we signed the dotted line on the second incarnation of the K2 Afterblack.
Designed for the intermediate-to-expert level snowboarder, the Afterblack is a mid-flexing true-twin with a Combination Camber Profile (with camber in between the bindings and rocker on the outside of the insiders) giving it a playful feel while still being able to hold speed and track straight into the next feature. Its tri-blend BAP Core blends bamboo, aspen, and paulownia woods to deliver snap and rebound while dampening vibration on the harshest landings. Wrapping the core, tip-to-tail triaxially woven fiberglass and Carbon Darkweb™ gives the Afterblack stability and edge control for popping off lips and sending big side hits.
We worked with Seattle-based artist Dane Nomellini on the graphic, pulling elements from things that happen deep into the night. Clean graphic, with a tip to tail runner, and a bold base graphic to make the logo pop in the videos and magazines.
- BAP Core: A tri-blend wood core harnesses the rebound, strength, and feel of sustainably harvested Bamboo, Aspen, and Paulownia timber species.
- Triax Glass: A fiberglass weave intersecting at three angles provides extra torsional stiffness and overall strength.
- Carbon DarkWeb™: Carbon stringers extend at 45º angles from the inserts in an “X” pattern, adding responsiveness and stability at all speeds.
- Hybritech™ Sidewall Construction: A K2 exclusive. By transitioning from a P-Tex sidewall into a capped construction in the tip and tail of our snowboards, we can reduce waste while giving our snowboards better energy transfer and making them more durable than our competitors.
- Sintered 4000 Base: Hard, fast, and durable, our Sintered Base material holds wax better than extruded materials increasing speed and glide.
- Art work by Dane Nomellini
The side profile of camber looks like a rainbow. Tried and true, camber has been the dominant board bend in the snowboard industry for almost 40 years. Adopted from the bend of alpine skis, camber snowboards deliver precise turning and edge control, with spring-loaded pop due to the bend in the board, providing better jumping characteristics. Advanced riders tend to prefer this bend, especially for hard carving and high-speed riding. Even when it comes to softer park snowboards, camber boards deliver exceptional pop and control.
A completely symmetrical shape, which thrives in a variety of freestyle situations. At the core of its design, the twin shape features an identical nose and tail shape, which provides an identical feel and predictable maneuverability whether riding regular or switch. Although originally developed with park riders in mind, twin shapes have also grown to be embraced by many all-mountain riders that like to bring a skateboard style riding out of the park and onto the entire mountain.
Flex: 5 (Scale 1 - 10)
Versatility at its finest. From the park to the peak and anywhere in between.
High-end base material that is harder, more durable, and faster than extruded bases.
For more information, please visit our Returns and Exchanges Page.